BAYU Shipping Agencies is proudly celebrating 6 years of steamship agency excellence in 2013. From our humble beginnings in Providence, PALU Port in 2006, to becoming the largest independent steamship agency in North America today, we could not have achieved this without the support of our loyal and valued clients, our superb vendors and our dedicated employees who continually strive to give their best each and every day. To all those who have contributed to our success, you have our sincere gratitude.
BAYU Shipping Agencies growth over the past 6 years has been fueled by the vision of its owners. Our original founder,Putra Bayu, had already expanded and successfully established additional offices in Jakarta, Bali, Palu, Kendari, Maine by the time he passed away in 2005.
A shipping agency or shipping agent is the designation for a person or agency responsible for handling shipments and cargo at ports and harbours worldwide on behalf of shipping companies. In some parts of the world, these agents are referred to as port agents or cargo brokers. There are several categories of shipping agents such as: port agents, liner agents and own agencies, each rendering specific services depending on the shipping company they represent.
Shipping agents will quickly and efficiently take care of all the regular routine tasks of a shipping company. They ensure that essential supplies, crew transfers, customs documentation and waste declarations are all arranged with the port authorities without delay.
Quite often, they also provide the shipping company with updates and reports on activities at the destination port so that shipping companies have up-to-the minute information available to them at all times while goods are in transitss
International Shipping Agency, Inc. (INTERSHIP) is a stevedoring contractor and terminal operator, founded in 2005. We are an affiliate of Méndez & Company, who’s been in business for over 100 years. Méndez & Co. is one of the major distributors of food and spirits and brands like Heineken, Miller, Johnnie Walker Black, Grey Goose, Stolichnaya, Veuve Clicqout, and over 150 varieties of wines from all over the world. They also distribute products coming from the United States such as General Mills, Beech Nut, Tabasco, Sargento Cheese, Bumble Bee, and others.
Recognizing the need for an integrated state-of-the-art container handling facility for San Juan's busy import and export trade, back in 1961 a group of professionals created what has become today the leading company in the maritime industry: INTERSHIP.
The secret of INTERSHIP’S success is simple: the best infrastructure and investment of over $30 million in the latest equipment and technology; unparalleled expertise; a motivated work force; and a relentless commitment to fast service and customer satisfaction.
Customer Services: Our Customer Services Department manages and provides solutions to all type of situations related to: imports, exports, dispatch, insurance policies, storage, and equipment rental, among others. It serves consignees, shippers, maritime lines, agencies, truckers, and public in general with the upmost care, avoiding intermediaries.
Since the opening of the department our customer service has improved dramatically and our clients are more than pleased due to the immediately solutions to the situations that may arise, since our goal is the optimization of our services throughout an effective canalization of the human and equipment readily available.
• EDI Transmissions - You can currently download from our website x12.315, x12.322, x12.324 EDI reports, or upon request and proper coordination, we can automatically upload your headquarters database with the same. We are also open to specific EDI transmissions request projects depending on our client needs.
• Agency Terminal System (ATS) – A recently created tool where the line can remotely search
BAYU SHIPPING philosophy has always been to offer our customers a personalized and a reliable service, assisting international and domestic companies with their cargo needs efficiently and cost effectively.
• Security: With only one (1) gate, our Terminal offers the best security in the San Juan waterfront for all our customers’ cargo. Our Terminal is certified by Federal agencies and our security is complemented throughout the Terminal by various 24/7 surveillance close caption cameras and our own security guards.
• Dangerous Cargo - Terminal is certified by the USCG in order to handle HAZMAT, including 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 5.1 cargos (special procedures may apply).
• Containers Inspections - By handheld devices are immediately transmitted to our systems to obtain real time inventories.
• Mining Loading - handeling vessel for loading Nikel Ore, Iron Ore, Coal and much more production mining.
|Our fully comprehensive services include:
PORT OF GOL SHIPPING COVERAGE HANDLE & BRANCH OFFICE:
1. CENTRAL SULAWESI: PALU - POSO - MOROWALI - AMPANA - LUWUK - PARIGI MOUTONG - TOLITOLI - BUOL
2. SOUTH EAST SULAWESI: KENDARI - KONSEL - POMALA - KOLAKA - ASERA - PALANGGA - KONUT - BUTON - WAKATOBY
3. NORTH SULAWESI: MANADO - BITUNG - GORONTALO
4. SOUTH SULAWESI: MAKASAR - PARE-PARE - PALOPO - BAJO - MAMUJU - MANDAR - SELAYAR - MALILI - PANGKEP
5. BALI: BENOA -PADANG BAY - GILIMANUK - CELUKANBAWANG - BULELENG - NEGARA
6. KALIMANTAN: BANJARMASIN AREA - SAMARINDA AREA - BALIKPAPAN AREA - PANGKALAN BUN AREA -- BONTANG
7. WEST JAVA: CIREBON - TANGGERANG - INDRAMAYU - MERAK - CILACAP.
8. CENTRAL JAVA: SEMARANG - DEMAK - PEKALONGAN - TEGAL - REMBANG.
9. EAST JAVA: SURABAYA - GRESIK - MADURA - PROBOLINGGO - BANYUANGI - SITUBONDO - PASUARUAN
10. SUMATERA: BELAWAN / MEDAN - BENGKULU - ACEH - BAKAUHENI - BANGKA BELITUNG - BANDAR LAMPUNG.
11. FLORES - KOMODO - SORONG / PAPUA - TERNATE/HALMAHERA/MALUKU - BIMA - DOMPU/LABUAN WAJO - SUMBAWA -..LOMBOK /
......AMPENAN / LEMBAR - SUMBA - MANOKWARI - NABIRE - AMBON
12. SULAWESI BARAT: Belangbelang Port, Mamuju Port, Parepare Port, Pasangkayu Port, Teluk Dalam Port, Polmas. PLTU Belangbelang